Friday, May 6, 2011

Frugal Friday: Brita Water Pitcher

Several months ago I started buying bottled water at Sam's.  It was really cheap, at $4 for 35 bottles.  Then it starting getting hot outside and my family was drinking more and more water; nearly a case a week.  That meant spending $16 of my monthly budget on water!!!  I just didn't want to do that.  About a month ago I went to a bridal shower and the sweet bride got a Brita water pitcher.  It got me to thinking and researching.  I discovered that the price of a case of water from Sam's was the same as a Brita filter from Sam's.  So for the same $4 I was spending on 35 bottles of water, I could filter 40 GALLONS with a Brita pitcher.  That was a no brainer!  I bought a pitcher from Bed, Bath & Beyond and a pack of filters from Sam's immediately!




Brita Grand Carafe Pitcher
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=12828969



http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=132048&navAction=

No comments:

Post a Comment