Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Simple Alfredo Sauce


This recipe is soooo simple and soooo good, you may never buy Alfredo sauce again. I cannot take credit for it. I got it from Alton Brown on the Food Network years ago.

Alfredo Sauce

1 pint heavy cream
1/2 stick butter
1 cup Parmesan cheese
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter on low and blend in cream. Add Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over fettuccine. Serve with fresh salad and warm garlic bread. Enjoy.

I always add blackened chicken to this, but have, in the past, have added broccoli.

2 comments:

  1. My family LOVES Alfredo sauce. It's currently everyone's favorite. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you Darlene. I hope you family enjoys it as much as mine does. I'm looking forward to reading your new book due out in Jan. I just started reading "Love to Eat, Hate to Eat" by Elyse Fitzpatrick.

    ReplyDelete