Monday, May 24, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." Mat 26:41For I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.Php 4:11And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.Php 4:19
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Your High Calling
Mother, whoever you may be,
You may think long and earnestly
Of your high calling. Pondering
The undreamed honour of the thing;
Learning how God, through you, would plan
To be well know to every man.
An through your arms would gather fast
The whole world to His heart at last.
Mamas: the Shapers of Eternal Souls
The most underrated job in America is that of being a mother. The entire world seems to conspire to mock and minimize the true blessings of motherhood. This is why we appreciate the words of J.R. Miller, who once wrote:
Oh, mothers of young children, I bow before you in reverence. Your work is most holy. You are fashioning the destinies of immortal souls. The powers folded up in the little ones that you hushed to sleep in your bosoms last night, are powers that shall exist forever. You are preparing them for their immortal destiny and influence. Be faithful. Take up your sacred burden reverently. Be sure that your heart is pure and that your life is sweet and clean. —J.R. Miller, The Family, pg. 106
To read the entire article:http://www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2010/05/6623.aspx
Monday, May 3, 2010
A Lasting Kindness
When a friend from church is in the hospital or has a new baby, what do you do? Many women spring into action, buying gifts, making meals, and showing great kindness in practical ways. But when someone closer to home has a need, do you spring into action with the same enthusiasm? Learn to take kindness home.
- How will you be remembered? What I want people to remember about me is that I cared, that I was kind, that I loved, that I touched their lives in practical ways that made a difference.
- Sometimes our own families are the ones we show the least kindness to. Sometimes it’s because we’ve been hurt, sometimes it’s because we’re lazy, sometimes we just take them for granted. We need to think about kindness in our own homes.
- It’s not your responsibility to fix all the problems of the needy in the world. But God has called you to be sensitive to the needs of those that He’s put into your sphere of influence and to open your eyes and be available to minister to their practical needs.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
The Beauty of Holiness
Sometimes pressures come at you so fast it seems like you can’t think straight. Learn to develop a biblical, sound mind so that you can think clearly no matter what is happening around you.
- You never get to the point where you don't need the grace of God to protect and safeguard your heart and keep you from sin.
- The real test of your purity is who you are when you get home and how you treat those around you.
- The goal of being pure of heart is not to make us look good. That's self-righteousness. The goal is to make God look good.