Monday, June 8, 2009

Practicl Love

“I am patient with you because I love you and want to forgive you.

I am kind to you because I love you and want to help you.

I do not envy your possessions or your gifts because I love you
and want you to have the best.

I do not boast about my attainments because I love you and want to hear about yours.

I am not proud because I love you and want to esteem you before myself.

I am not rude because I love you and care about your feelings.

I am not self-seeking because I love you and want to meet your needs.

I am not easily angered by you because I love you and want to overlook your offenses.

I do not keep a record of your wrongs because I love you,
and ‘love covers a multitude of sins.’ “

(Jerry Bridges)
Action Statements based on 1 Corinthians 13:4-5
The Discipline of Grace, p. 39

No comments:

Post a Comment