Saturday, September 3, 2011

What is God's Plan For Me as a Wife? (Part 3)

For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
Ephesians 5:23

Have I ever agreed with God that my husband is my spiritual head?

Do I allow my husband to lead me, or do I resist his leadership, making it difficult for him to fulfill his God-given responsibility?

However, let each one of you live his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
Ephesians 5:33

Does my husband feel that I reverence and respect him?

Do others know that I reverence my husband?

By my words, example, and counsel, do I encourage other women to reverence their husbands?

The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband.  for the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does.  Likewise, the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
1 Corinthians 7:3-4

Do I reserve intimate communication, looks, words, and touch for my husband?

Am I giving of myself to meet my husband's sexual needs?

If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home.  For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
1 Corinthians 14:35

Do I motivate my husband to grow spiritually by seeking his counsel, input, and direction, or am I quick to run to my pastor or another counselor for answers to my questions and problems?

Does my husband feel that I value and respect his input and counsel




Biblical Portrait of Womanhood,
Nancy Leigh DeMoss

No comments:

Post a Comment