Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Five Finger Attributes of God

Yes, I know there are more than 5 attributes of God, but I read this and thought it was a good way to help our children remember some of them. Have your little ones hold up a hand. As they hold up each finger of their hand, you want them to be able to remind themselves that God is...

*Always there. "For he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).

*Always answers. "When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles" (Psalm 34:17).

*Always understands. "For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust" (Psalm 103:14).

*Always forgives. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

*Always loves. "I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you" (Jeremiah 31:3).


2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!, I am cut and copying in the homeschool folder as we speak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time to your blog, and I wanted to say it is lovely. I just read the recent quotes that you posted by Amy Carmichael and John Angell James, and thought they were great quotes for us as women to remember.

    Lastly, I thought this was an excellent way to help children learn the basics about the Lord.

    Take care, and I will be sure to visit your blog in the future. :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete