The husband's responsibilities as set forth in God's Word are very clear...
1) Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. (Eph. 5:25). How did Christ love the Church? Did He not sacrifice and give His all for it? A husband is to exhibit self-denying, sacrificial love his wife, seeking her highest and best regardless of personal cost?
2) He is to take his proper place as her head, knowing that the Head of every man is Christ (1 Cor. 11:3).
3) He is to always love his wife as his own body, nourishing and cherishing her, even as Christ does the Church (Eph. 5:28-29).
4) He is to always live with her according to knowledge, showing honor to her as unto the weaker vessel and also as a fellow-heir together with him of the grace of life (1 Peter 3:7).
5) He is to keep on rendering and giving back to her that which he owes her as his wife (1 Cor. 7:3, referring especially to sexual obligations).
So, here a just a few of the little things that my husband does that make me feel cherished.
1) He makes sure I have a good supply of firewood readily available.
2) He makes me go to the doctor when I am sick and won't go on my own.
3) He stashes a little cash in my wallet because he know I never carry any.
4) He puts gas in my car.
5) He kisses me when he gets home from work.
6) He takes measures to see that I am secure and protected, to the best of his ability
7) Etc., etc......
Above all, I feel most cherished when he takes time to pray for me, read scripture to me and leads our family worship time without encouragement from me. So ladies, let's not focus on what our husbands don't do, but rather, let's focus on the little things they do that make us feel cherished. I would love to hear from you on this. That includes young ladies still at home. How does you father make you feel cherished?